Houzz Logo Print
jeanettesitton217

Faux window

Gorgeous. If I'm not mistaken, this is a faux (fake) window?

I'd like one for my own living room, achieved by using an ornamental window frame, with glass, and a poster for the background scene beyond. I'd probably make mine, a woodland scene. Thanks for sharing.

I'd appreciate knowing how you did yours, please. Many thanks.
romantic home · 詳細

コメント (4)

• PRO
    My Romantic Home
    8年前

Thank you! My dad made the frame for me and it has a mirror in the back. I think he made in back around 1992. I found a set of shutters on someone's curb with a "free" sign on them. I painted them and hung them on each side of the mirror...many years later! I like it much better with the shutters!

• Jeanette Sitton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    It's exquisite!!! Well done to both you and your Dad. Presumably then, as it's glass, the items reflected are opposite, in your room, are they? Wow! Such nice items to reflect! It looks like you like in/near to an Italian stately home :) Once again ... exquisite! I hope to be doing something similar. You're my inspiration :)
  • PRO
    My Romantic Home
    8年前

Thanks! Yes, it's a reflection of the opposite wall in my living room in the mirror you see. I no longer live at this place but I have the mirror up in my new place. Here is a full shot of my old living room

• Jeanette Sitton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Oh very romantic!! Tender shades, that I'm sure reflect your personality. My favourite colour is green. I can be quiet and reserved, but I refuse to back down when it comes to green. Lol. Your's was a very lovely home. Here's mine.