Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: What's your kitchen worktop material?

If we're in the kitchen, we're probably using our worktops! And whilst not all of us are blessed with having marble surfaces, worktops are something we all have.

So what's your worktop material? Vote and comment below with yours and if you've got a favourite share away!

OXFORD FAMILY HOUSE · 詳細

Read how to pick the perfect worktop here.

Composite
Wood
Concrete
Granite
Marble
Glass
Laminate
Other - tell us!

コメント (127)

• New Kitchen
    7年前
    Now been running with Quartz for 3 months after my last comment. Love it. I am looking after it and the only comment to date is wiping down needs a microfibres cloth to finish off to get a shine up as it has high surface tension so you leave a water track. Looks great just like natural marble.
  • PRO
    Decor Effects Ltd
    7年前

Granite

• PRO
    Dawn Elizabeth Stone Studio
    7年前

Granite is so amazing, its been formed over the years and now is in my kitchen

• PRO
    Nolte Kitchens UK
    7年前

We supply a range of worktops but our particular favourite is glass!

• PRO
    Hand Drawn Home Architects
    7年前

Star galaxy granite from india looks fab!

• PRO
    P Beadle Construction
    7年前

Granite is a great hard wearing product

• PRO
    Studio 3 kitchens
    7年前

I've recently remodeled my own kitchen and have opted for a beige quartz stone with full height splash-back in the cooking area, a pure white quartz stone in the cleaning section and a doubled-up oak top for a prep/tea bench.

• PRO
    R&H Carpentry
    7年前

we prefer granite as a material

• PRO
    Claude Clemaron Bespoke Wood Interiors
    7年前

I chose wood as a work top

• PRO
    NOJI Architects
    7年前

Composite : Hard wearing , easy to clean, easy to repair

• PRO
    User
    7年前

Corian can look amazing in the right kitchen.

• PRO
    Varcurn Marble Ltd
    7年前

I like granite.

• User
    7年前

Granite creates a stunning finish and has a huge amount of character and colour in each slab.

• Coco Nuts
    7年前

Got to be granite. My granite worktops are in over twenty years and they look as good as the day they were put in. Cheap worktops are a false economy.

• PRO
    First Stone Worktops Ltd
    7年前

Granite, quartz or marble depends on budget and your usability of kitchen.

• PRO
    User
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Concrete is my favourite surface, extremely versatile

• PRO
    DJW Nicholson
    7年前

There are so many different timbers and finishes available to suite every style.

• PRO
    DPM Contractors UK Ltd.
    7年前

Composite will be the safest option !

• User
    7年前

Just talking about this exact preference today. I prefer wood because of the warmth and natural colour that wood can bring to any room.

• PRO
    Marble and Granite Designs LTD
    7年前

Granite work top we have fabricated

Mr Jones · 詳細

• PRO
    Gordon Greaves (Slate) Ltd
    7年前

Granite every time, you can't beat a natural material.

• PRO
    Kontour
    7年前

Quartz from Silestone. Hard wearing and stylish.

• PRO
    Gordon Greaves (Slate) Ltd
    7年前

Lakeland Slate

Kitchen Worktops and bathroom · 詳細

• PRO
    Lamform Ltd
    7年前

Laminate tops give you a huge choice of colours and patterns at a really reasonable price , they are hard wearing and easy to look after - no maintenance required .

• PRO
    Robert Ball - Bespoke Cabinet Maker & Joiner
    7年前

kitchen worktops is http://www.worktop-express.co.uk/ they have an excellent range at reasonable prices all quoted on the webpageshttps://youtu.be/-oTXCHnK-J8

• PRO
    RPM Kitchens & Carpentry Ltd
    7年前

Granite, I feel is the most hard wearing surface you can take things straight out of oven and put onto granite and it won't mark, but things like red wine can stain it if left on it over night as its porous.

• PRO
    Your Hubb
    7年前
    Granite is my personal favourite.
  • V
    7年前
    Having a new kitchen fitted next week and will be having a 20mm stainless steel worktop.
  • PRO
    O'Halloran Property Development
    7年前

Kitchen counter top completely depends on the ratio between m/s footage, light, and personal concept to flow throwout the kitchen.

• PRO
    Kelsall Architects
    7年前

Quartz is the most indestructible worktop material

• PRO
    2Scale Architects and Designers Ltd
    7年前

Granite has more depth and character than quartz

• PRO
    Rush Interiors Ltd
    7年前

I have white glacier 'Corian' and I use Corian for the majority of my projects, it has worn well over ten years (we haven't even had it buffed since it was laid). I love the invisible joins and the versatility of the material to create curved up-stands. I am not a fan of high gloss worktops, or cold stone tops which require alot of maintenance.

• New Kitchen
    7年前
    Well I have had my kitchen in for some months now and the white marble effect Quartz still looks amazing and appears hard wearing. I just wipe it down and then occasional clean with granite cleaner. The colour choice was fab and more in line with the look I was going for over granite choices as I wanted white. No regrets.
  • New Kitchen
    7年前
    Well I have had my kitchen in for some months now and the white marble effect Quartz still looks amazing and appears hard wearing. I just wipe it down and then occasional clean with granite cleaner. The colour choice was fab and more in line with the look I was going for over granite choices as I wanted white. No regrets.
  • s eh
    6年前
    Zhirayr Nersessian - would you share where you found your Quartzite worktop? I am looking for one and don’t know which company to use!
  • PRO
    Bath Bespoke
    6年前

Marble, or Silestone are gorgeous options! We crafted this kitchen with a Silestone counter top! https://www.bathbespoke.co.uk/portfolio/shaker-kitchen-marble-flooring/

• PRO
    Fisher & Paykel Appliances UK & Ireland
    6年前

We have solid wood worktops in our showroom kitchen with black cabinetry. We also love concrete, but a lot of people are favouring quartz lately!

• PRO
    In Ex Design
    6年前

Natural stone, granite and timber are timeless worktop materials. Increasingly we are specifying Concrete or Stainless Steel worktops, which add material interest and texture to the Kitchen, whilst being durable and hard wearing. Here is one of our recent projects where a Concrete worktop was formed around a Bulthaup contemporary handle-less island unit. www.houzz.co.uk/projects/2593420/victorian-house-with-a-modern-twist-interior

• PRO
    User
    6年前

Concrete give You options that no other material gives you. You're not limited with shape, colour, thickness

check out our HOUZZ portfolio to check out our previous works.

• PRO
    GEC Anderson Limited
    6年前

It has to be stainless steel which outlasts everything else; features integrated sinks and edges, including upstands; can be made in any shape or size, including single-piece L-shapes.

Artichoke Kitchen · 詳細

• PRO
    User
    6年前

got a question about stainless steel worktops, do they leave fingerprints on them ?

• PRO
    GEC Anderson Limited
    6年前

Depending on how much grease is on your fingers, yes! This question is often asked and, of course, stainless steel will easily mark with finger prints, grease, hard water deposits etc. but this is merely superficial and can be wiped off easily - ideally the worktop should be regularly wiped with a microfibre cloth to PREVENT build-up over time. To some, this seems 'difficult', in which case, stainless steel worktops may not be appropriate. To those who know and appreciate the benefits of having stainless steel worktops, this is just an instinctive routine and helps to ensure tidiness in the kitchen. The fact is, those same marks and grime would exist on any worktop - it's just that you can seem them more easily on stainless steel and so you are more likely to remove them!

The Long Barn · 詳細

• sam irwin
    6年前
    We have wood but fades easily and especially difficult to take care of around the sink. I’d definitely change if I had the funds
  • PRO
    User
    6年前

GC Anderson: I thought so, but that is not that big concern, Your worktops looks wonderfull

• PRO
    GEC Anderson Limited
    6年前

It surely must be the case that, for anyone looking to specify the most practical, versatile and durable worktop solution, stainless steel provides the only real option. But, so often, worktops are not chosen in this way. They are chosen according to fashions and trends and the reality is that often people like to change their kitchen (or home) each few years and so are not actually looking for something that will last so very long. In the domestic kitchen, hygiene and longevity may not be top of mind but they are still important considerations. Speaking of budgets, if you were to look, honestly, at the lifetime cost of worktops, stainless steel would have one of the lowest, lasting for 50 + years!

• PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    6年前

Ice-cracked glass worktop > Conventional worktops, but obviously, it depends on the style, I am keen to say that the modern is the most optimal for the kind below.

We've made it for a Family House in Surbiton · 詳細

• PRO
    Marble & Quartz
    5年前

They're all fantastic!

• PRO
    Field & Co Interior Design Ltd
    5年前

Another vote for Dekton and Sileston Quartz worktops, use them all the time in our projects as so much more forgiving and low maintenance than granite or marble. Agree that Corian is a good option if you have a large island to prevent visible joins, whilst it has other benefits you do need to be very careful when it comes to heat. Vast range of colours and textures in all types nowadays so the type of material shouldn't limit the effect you want to achieve - be that traditional or contemporary. I am always a big advocate that a worktop is an investment, there is no point spending a large sum on a beautiful quality kitchen and then finishing it off with a worktop that won't stand up to time as well as the rest of the room or cheapen the look - I always recommend to go for the best you can afford.

• Jac Hackney
    3年前

We got wooden floorboards..ex BBC flooring...from Lascos. stripped em..yacht varnished em.Job done and perfect.

• Nezhdet Yashar
    昨年

have you checked the rang of worktops offered at House of Worktops?

Perhaps you can find some at good price, I am still wondering if I should go for wood worktops or Dekton. However, Dekton is just very expensive although it is very durable