Houzz Logo Print
paulaj51

Walk in wardrobe

paulaj51
8年前
I have a small walk in wardrobe which I want to completely redo. I need space for sweaters and shoes too. It measures 5ft 5 deep and 8 ft across

コメント (8)

• karenleonn
    8年前
    I think if you move the shelf up a bit higher then you could put in 2 rails so your shorter things like trousers etc could go on the bottom rail and shirts on the top. It should free up some space and get some clear shoe boxes for rarely worn shoes and put them up on the shelf.
  • PRO
    Aspire Kitchens
    8年前

Hi Paula,

Utilising a combination of half height and full height hanging is an excellent way to maximise space to begin. We also suggest adding one small row of drawers - you would be surprised how much can actually be folded up into drawer space! Plenty of joinery places will be willing to give you a free design quote and discuss your design options.

• PRO
    Leigh Holt
    8年前

Hi Paula , Just brainstorming .Its really a pretty good size that converts to 243cm wide x 152cm deep Most efficient use of space would be a galley style -drawers and hanging on one side and opposite if you have room next to the door way a whole row of shoe shelves as high as you like to the ceiling. Hanging T shirts takes up too much space, I have found drawers with folded jeans- so the fold sits to the top and or rolling T shirts is so much better and you can still see what you have

Have a look at this sketch I did in 5 minutes for you- bit messy but you'll get the idea.

Its drawn to scale so it all fits

Video showing you press the link

Images

See what you think

Leigh

• jmm1837
    8年前

Drat - I wish I'd read Clever Closets tips before our builder put in the wardrobe fittings! I'd definitely have gone for fewer drawers and more wide, shallow shelves. And I can only dream of shoe storage like the picture above....

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    8年前

jmm1837 sweet of you to say! Do you mind if I take your post and re-post to facebook- love comments like that :)

• jmm1837
    8年前

Be my guest :)

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    8年前

Thanks hmm1837!