Houzz Logo Print
oliviagough123

Daughters room

flower123
8年前
She is a teen that loves pretty little liars (TV show) as a result of this I am using the girls rooms on the show to inspire her new room it is a smallish room but large enough to pull of any of the decor in the images i have given you of the girls room from the show.I need help because I don't know which room to go for or where to buy the furniture e.t.c

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Surface View
    8年前

Some great inspiration photos. We think that the French style from the top photo would be the best for a teen (girly but not too girly).

Sticking to a simple colour palette of grey, white and a soft pink will make it easy to create a scheme that works together.

For the walls, choosing a sophisticated yet fun wallpaper will be perfect for a growing teen. We love this Michael Angove Design of a contemporary chinoiserie. Create a statement wall with this design on one wall and match the others with a complementing grey paint. This will instantly add the wow factor and keep the costs down.

For the rest of the room stick to the colour palette. Crisp white linen will be timeless and allow you to add splashes of colour with throws and cushions. Incorporate some texture into the scheme with a chunky knit throw or faux fur pillows. Perfect for a Pretty Little Liars fan!

Furniture wise stick to the French Shabby Chic style. You can find loads of tutorials online for repainting old furniture with chalk paint to get the washed wood look. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is supposed to be fantastic as it needs no prepping prior to painting. Can be a bit on the pricey side but I'm sure a quick internet search will bring up some DIY solutions.

If you can get a four posted bed like in the photo this will finish the look off perfectly!

Good luck! Love to see what you end up going with!

• pinklark
    8年前

As teenage girls tend to have strong opinions I would ask her which room she prefers. She may like to pick out different elements of each of the rooms and put together her own look. Even if you want to surprise her you could watch with her and ask her about her preferences. Look forward to seeing the final results!

• roseyvonne45
    8年前
    Is it a surprise for her? If not then I'd ask her opinion too. I personally like the first 2 best as she's less likely to grow out of it, especially if you spend alot on it. I've got the theme tune in my head now Lol,
  • Bella Tanner
    8年前
    I like the 2nd one best and then the 1st one. Sadly I'm a 39 year old who also likes the show.....oh dear!!!
  • User
    8年前
    If daughter has no input do not go there!