Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6221553

need help with window dressings for unusual window

This is a rental apartment window. I want to keep the rooms light and bright but would ideally like to mask visibility to buildings outside. The frame of the window is right up against the perpendicular wall so all attachments will have to be on the frame of the window then I think? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

コメント (11)

• headers13
    8年前

Tricky. Since it is a rental what about buying a screen that folds up then put it against the window when it's dark & then put to one side in the daytime.

Edel O'connorさんはheaders13さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Silkworm and Cottontails t/a C.R.P Interiors Ltd
    8年前
    This company fit special film to block people looking in and allow you to see out . Also helps with sun fading carpets etc . They will come and fit for you .
    Edel O'connorさんはSilkworm and Cottontails t/a C.R.P Interiors Ltdさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Silkworm and Cottontails t/a C.R.P Interiors Ltd
    8年前
    2 Trinity Passage
    The Cross
    Worcester
    WR1 3PT
    0844 549 9249
    enquiries@enviroslarfilms.com
  • wildone12
    8年前
    Try double sided Velcro with very fine voile which will give privacy and maintain the light
    Edel O'connorさんはwildone12さんにお礼を言いました
  • angelboyman
    8年前

Vertical blinds?

Edel O'connorさんはangelboymanさんにお礼を言いました
  • Ruth Bond
    8年前
    Shutters would look lovely ...
    Edel O'connorさんはRuth Bondさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    NW interior design
    8年前

I agree that shutters would provide privacy and flexible light control and would look great from both inside and out.

Edel O'connorさんはNW interior designさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Estate
    8年前
    Hi,

This is a rental so you are not going to pay for shutters at €299 per sq metre. So maybe try a Plisse blind by Luxaflex or a Roman that opens to the horizontal ad a triangle piece of fabric that never moves . If it is a curtain, then it can only be fixed at the centre and the curtains will simply be draped and held back with tie backs.
    Edel O'connorさんはEstateさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    A M Interiors Ltd
    8年前

Hi

Silent Gliss do lovely vertical blinds that can be done on a slope see link below. You can also have plisse blinds, roller blinds or roman blinds....but all would block out quite a bit of the light as you would only be able to bring them up to the bottom of the angled section. The other option is Italian strung curtains...see photo below.

http://www.silentgliss.co.uk/go/HBWMDMFFVGFXOTGULCOP05FRQ9PAQYJF

I Hope thats of some help?

Edel O'connorさんはA M Interiors Ltdさんにお礼を言いました
  • Ruth M
    8年前
    I have to agree that glass film is brilliant- we used Purlfrost online. You can either pre measure and they will cut for you you or you can buy a piece and cut to your own specs. It arrives rolled in a tube. We've done two rooms- the living room with full frost and the other, a bedroom- with just the bottom half of the window covered which looks pretty modern and sharp. It was supposed to be a temporary solution till we got shutters organised but it looks so effective and fresh that we've decided to save the small fortune that shutters cost! The help line was great- they recommended leaving a gap around the edge near the frame for a beveled glass effect which did actually work! You can get different levels of opaqueness - we used the less opaque for more light but still private- or patterns or stained glass effect. Its really easy to apply yourself too, and apparently comes off with no damage to the glass at all, so good if. Works out really economical as well.
    Can you tell I'd recommend it?! :)
    Edel O'connorさんはRuth Mさんにお礼を言いました