Houzz Logo Print
britanicia19

Kitchen Renovation

I'm torn between a soapstone counter top or a white marble. Our kitchen is small but opened. I'm afraid the black soapstone will soak up the natural light. Our cabinets are a very light gray almost white. We are also continuing wood floors in the kitchen since our family room is open to the kitchen ( the floors will stained a medium gray ) please help! Cabinet hardware and sink faucet will be a brushed gold ) please help!

コメント (12)

• britanicia19
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Soapstone and gray parquet floors
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8年前

I could not wait to get rid of my parquet floors so even in tile I hate them, I would choose a nice large format tile for the floors in a dark gray and keep white counters or if wood floors just a simple maple stained dark gray.

• PRO
    Hall Design Build
    8年前

I agree that the soapstone will provide a nice contrast with the light colored cabinets and gray flooring.

• ritting28
    8年前
    What is the finish on the faucet? It's very pretty.
  • ritting28
    8年前
    Also, I have always liked wood parquet, and I think your floor will look great.
  • acm
    8年前

I gather that marble isn't a good choice for working surfaces in the kitchen, so I'd take the soapstone however you feel about the color options...

• PRO
    CLR Design Services, Inc.
    8年前

Soapstone is beautiful but requires more maintenance...you need to oil/buff regularly to keep it looking nice. Marble doesn't require as high of maintenance - maybe reseal once a year - but it's more porous and absorbs stains. Have you considered a manmade material from Cosentino? They've come a long way with man-made and you can probably find something you love that gives you the best of both worlds. A just found a new source for manmade - Viatera - I'm using it in 4 bathrooms and part of a kitchen in my client's lake house. Great options!

• PRO
    GARY FINLEY
    8年前

rethink the GOLD........the soap stone is a great look with the floor however it seems you are working towards a pristine look with the white cabinets and marble will offer a better look with the cabinets if you good with a white.......or even a black. It's so important that these finishes be selected together before starting a project as the individual finishes can be fine tuned, and the color of paint can be adjusted to be the best

• britanicia19
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    The faucet is by Newport Brass the finish is Satin Gold
  • britanicia19
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Thank you Gary, The look I'm trying to achieve is a modern edgy twist. Thank you for your opinion
  • ycity
    8年前
    Either is great! Love both. I just don't know about staining the floors gray.