Houzz Logo Print
hogan

Please help!!! Stumped for ideas on how to update this disaster !!

hogan
8年前

Sorry pics are not great due to the huge maple ..... Just waiting for it to be trimmed.... Will post more pics then

need new door new step and some kind of roof cover over the step and any other ideas would be great

コメント (7)

• grapefruit1_ar
    8年前

I really like the color of your house! If you google " front portico" or something similar, you will see examples of what you might be looking for.

i would think that it will take some structural roof work to add it above your door...but it will be worth it! Your steps could either be repainted, refaced with flagstone, or completely replaced. I would think that a nice white, wooden railing would be great, too.

hoganさんはgrapefruit1_arさんにお礼を言いました
  • acm
    8年前

Doesn't really seem to merit being called a disaster. Perhaps update the siding color to something lighter or more grayish, and paint the front door a bolder shade. I'd darken the garage door to house color too, to make it less a center of attention. Add a railing to steps and across front (I like black iron, but white bannister-style might fit your house better), a big planter to right of door. Repaint steps with porch paint. New porch light and mailbox.

Beyond that, hard to see enough for structural suggestions, but you might be amazed by the transformative power of the above.

hoganさんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • hogan
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Love the idea of a portico like the one in the pic!! Lots of great idea's !!!! Please keep them coming

• hogan
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

I will send more pics when the tree is trimmed

• PRO
    Cambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTec
    8年前

You can create a gorgeous walkway with pavingstones and wallstones by Cambridge with Armortec. A pavingstone walkway leading up to a small paver staircase at your front door would look beautiful and be maintenance-free for years to come! Please go to our website and visit the magnificent photos in our electronic brochure and our gallery. By linking to Cambridge’s Designscape Visualizer you can upload your photograph and preview what your re-designed home will look like using Cambridge Pavingstones and Wallstones. Visit our website at http://www.cambridgepavers.com.

hoganさんはCambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTecさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Elite Shutters & Blinds, Inc.
    8年前

I think the portico and the walkway would do a great deal to add charm to this home. I agree with ACM, I don't think it's quite a disaster. Definitely a doable facelift. For not a lot of money you could also add exterior shutters on the front windows. I wouldn't recommend going with vinyl. They look cheep and don't hold up. You don't have a lot of windows so it would be fairly economical to put them up. Raised Panel or Framed Board and Batten would look really nice on this style house with some nice shutter dogs and hinges. If you go with one of these styles you can use a good composite instead of wood for lower cost durable option. You can introduce another color with the shutters, use the trim color or go with a nice black. Also color on the front door can pop to if you go through the addition of a portico. Good luck and let us know if we can help!

Madarasz Project- Raised Panel Exterior Shutter- Pineville, NC · 詳細

Exterior Framed Board and Batten Shutters · 詳細

hoganさんはElite Shutters & Blinds, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました