Houzz Logo Print
eviemp

Karndean loose-lay vinyl planks

eviemp
9年前

I just had these put on my sunporch. It was professionally done. They look beautiful, but in some places the edges are not tight and can move up and down somewhat. Flooring store came back and I'm not sure what he plans to do. I think he wants to glue the edges on some. From what I've read, no one mentioned this problem. Flooring was put over a parquet floor. Any advice?

コメント (11)

• PRO
    Karndean Designflooring
    9年前

Hi there. Have you heard back from your retailer
    yet? Due to the nature of the room, we would suggest using a tackifier to
    firmly secure the planks in place. One of our guys in the technical team will
    be more than happy to discuss and offer advice, feel free to drop them a call
    on: 888-266-4343 x7200 :)

• eviemp
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

The retaler was supposed to come with your rep last week. Didn't come. Now he's supposed to come this week with him. So far, hasn't happened. I'm finding more planks that are loose at the edges. I will definitely call your technical team this morning. Thanks so much for answering as I'm getting a little discouraged! Evie (EPairitz@aol.com)

• PRO
    Karndean Designflooring
    9年前

No problems at all, Evie. Hopefully we can work with your retailer and fitter to get this sorted for you asap.

• eviemp
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Here's a follow-up on my floor. The store sent someone out to put the tackifier down. He took half the floor up and spread the glue all over. It solved the problem in most places. But I still have four or five spots where it isn't down tight. I've been putting heavy book over it a lot and it stays down for a few minutes, but after that it's the same problem. It's not bad, but it's also not tight. I can push it down slightly. Is this normal?

• PRO
    Karndean Designflooring
    8年前

Hi Evie. Although LooseLay is a floating floor, it should sit flush.
    Those areas which are not sitting as tight as you’d like, were those where the
    fitter didn’t add tackifier? I know we’ll have your details on record, but
    could you please email socialmedia@karndean.com
    with the best number for one of our technical team to call you on? We can then
    speak with your retailer and review the work carried out so far. Thanks so
    much.

• eviemp
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Hi, thanks for answering so fast. I'm impressed! Tackifier was put where the planks aren't sticking good. I would like to notify the installer myself (not that he always answers) before going through you just so he doesn't think I'm trying to go above him. I'm waiting this week to see if I can get these planks to stick tight with heavy books, etc. The guy that put the tacktifier on saw that a couple planks weren't sticking good and he thought the sun coming in on them might seal them. Does that happen? Anyway, I will let you know what happens when I contact the installer again.

• macmartha
    8年前

Wow! Karndean Designflooring-- great customer service. I wish Cancork was as good!

• macmartha
    8年前

Yes, it sounds like the technology isn't quite there yet, but it does sound amazing if it would work.

• clanglois1
    7年前

Can you post pics of the floor you chose? I'm also looking at Karndean flooring...

• Jarah
    3年前

Hi Eviemp, was this issue ever resolved? Thinking of buying Karndean loose lay myself.

PR