Houzz Logo Print
bellavillads

Paint colors in this room are faux finishes

All the finishes wall and ceiling finishes that you see in this hall and entry are custom faux finishes. The base color for the walls is Sherwin Williams 40% 6108 Latte. The ceiling is a custom bronze finish as is the the scroll design that is near the ceiling. We recommend finding a talented artist/faux finisher in your area and showing them the picture to see if they can recreate this look for you. The trim is stained in a customized stain but Sherwin WIlliams Burnished Walnut is the closest color. Contact a local Interior Designer to help you with your project. Stephanie at Bella Villa Design Studio, Austin, TX.
Knap · 詳細

コメント (15)

• mahan11
    11年前
    40% 6108 latte? Can you please elaborate on the 40%? thanks
  • PRO
    Walls with an Attitude
    11年前
    You do some awesome finishes Stephanie! I've seen several of your pics on here. We're a faux finish company in South Alabama. Love your work! Jen
  • PRO
    Bella Villa Design Studio
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    Thanks! The faux finishers that we have here in Austin are fantastic. We just propose the looks and help tweak the finish and color... they make it happen. We get requests from many people so hopefully some will be in South Alabama and we can recommend you to help them. Best, Stephanie with Bella Villa Design Studio
  • PRO
    Faux FX of Austin
    10年前
    I am a professional Faux Finisher for 10 years now and I know if a client came to me w/ this photo (as you have advised everyone to do) I would be able to get close...but really I don't understand why you won't just get the information from your faux finisher that applied this finish. Keep in mind the towns where some of these people live may not have the luxury of faux finishers in their community and may want to attempt the finish themselves...hence the request for "exact" colors. Seems like the purpose of this site is to be a place where one can come to retrieve information...not vague responses. I LOVE being able to give ppl colors. Just food for thought. Your work is beautiful btw!
  • PRO
    Faux FX of Austin
    10年前
    My apologies...just saw where you did give the colors somewhat...the bronze finish is going to be the most difficult for them though. I'm thinking a Metallic Charred Bronze would work w/ the Sherwin Williams 6108 Latte base color...google online...always test before application.
  • PRO
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    On this particular project, of which we get the most requests, the faux finishing team we used split at the end of the job and did not give us their formulas. Most of our faux finishing projects are tweaked onsite and are very customized. Typically, our faux finishers do not give us their formulas but we try to share as much information as we have such as the base color and the product or color they used if we know it. Thanks for the suggestion of what you think would be closest. I'm sure it will be helpful to those who want to do it themselves. We have a deep appreciation for artists such as yourself and rely on them to make our visions come to life.
  • PRO
    Faux FX of Austin
    10年前
    I have never understood why a lot of faux finishers will not give their recipe out. I hear this a lot. For those of us who do attach "recipes/formulas" to each kit it gives us a bad rep. I guess they feel like if they give out their "secrets" they won't receive business. I actually feel the opposite. Who knows right. Regardless, your work is topnotch/eye catching and the reason I ran across your site while searching for a request for a client. I read over my original comment to you again and realized it came across snippy...not my intentions AT ALL. Emails bite for this reason :) Please accept my apologies. Keep up the good work!!
  • PRO
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    No problem. Since it usually involves several layers or steps, we don't ask for the exact formula when the project is complete since neither us or our clients would know what to do even if we had it. We typically work with a couple of faux finishers that we have a long standing relationships with so we know they can come back if any touch ups are necessary. We just lost touch with this particular team and I think the one who did most of the finishes is now only doing decorative painting. Thank you very much for the compliments. We enjoy doing what we do!
  • PRO
    Mural Art LLC-Wall Murals and Fine Art
    10年前
    I love the look and feel of this foyer! Job well done. I saved it to my ideabooks for my Italian inspired home some day. :)
  • PRO
    Faux FX of Austin
    10年前
    Oh thank you so much! If you need help w/ colors/techniques to let your faux finisher know get in touch w/ me and I will give recipe/formula. :)
  • Elsa Hatakeda de Benavides
    10年前
    Facinante.
  • Sally Soliman
    9年前
    I love the colors. And from all written above won't dare ask about the color recipes!!! But I would appreciate an answer to this question: would this color combo go with a flat ceiling? I see here the ceiling is like an arch/hollow so the dark ceiling VS lighter walls go well. Would it go with a flat normal ceiling too?
  • PRO
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Yes, it would work on a flat ceiling too. On a flat ceiling, it might look better if you also added some crown or moulding around the edges to frame it. I would keep it all going the same direction or just overall with no particular direction. The faux finishers accentuated this groin ceiling by applying it towards the center in each section but that wouldn't apply to a flat ceiling. It would also look fantastic in a cove (pop-up) ceiling. Hope this helps!
  • wisneb
    9年前
    I love that effect (even though most of our interior is modern/contemporary).

For the people wanting exact colors: please realize your monitor will show colors differently than in "real life." Also, techniques vary. If you take the picture to your local paint store maybe they can come close, but really, faux is all about layering, mixing and technique.

Practice first on canvas or matte poster board or something - even a small wall or closet. It's a lot of fun and you can get creative.