Houzz Logo Print
kerrul

Front door dilemma!!

kerrul
9年前
All advice genuinely gratefully received....
We have a 1920's house with a horrendous white UPVC front door. It leads to a small storm porch and then the original front door. We are really struggling to decide between a contemporary door which we love, or whether to go back to the roots and get a bespoke 1920's door done..... I've attached pics of what we like and what we currently have.....
We are also in a quandary re composite or solid wood. The other half is concerned that wood won't be secure enough (pah!)
Thanks in advance...
Kerrul

コメント (4)

• sleena
    9年前
    I think a solid door would look much more in keeping with the style of your house.
    Keep the glass panels either side (for light)
    Will post a photo tomorrow (dark here at the moment ) i think my neighbours front door would fulfil the brief
  • PRO
    Blake William Fewster
    9年前
    I would say a solid door and maybe something more contemporary as it will really make the house stand out from the rest
  • S D
    9年前
    Hi! I'm looking for does like the ones you posted, I was just wondering if you found a front door and where you got it from? Thanks!
  • Tani H-S
    9年前
    Personally i love wood doors and despise plastic etc. However, our bench joiner who works in wood highly recommended composite over wood because of the movement real wood goes through. Just be aware if you choose wood that it might need some adjusting and a lot of looking after. We ended up with composite but our house is 60's so it suits it.