Houzz Logo Print
jeanak

Dining/Art Room Decor

jeanak
9年前
Our dining room/kids' art room is in need of finishing touches. The walls are bright white 3/4 height wainscoting and a deep blue paint above. I need advice on whether to simply add art (where, above or on wainscoting) or to add furniture (console table? lamps? industrial bookshelf?) + art. My style is modern country/rustic but I am terrible with the finishing details. Any advice is appreciated!

コメント (4)

• Maureen
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    On the wall on right, you could add an antique/industrial console table under the sconces and then add wooden rustic art piece(s) above. On the other wall, I think an armoire would be pefect. It's a lovely room..enjoy.[houzz=
    Vintage Stage Coach Signs Wood Rustic Sign · 詳細
    ]; [houzz=
    Nantucket in So Cal · 詳細
    ];[houzz=
    Cyan Design Newberg Storage Console X-06840 · 詳細
    [houzz=
    Reclaimed Wood Large Armoire · 詳細
    ]ustries-128-1023-Chest-In-Heavliy-Distressed-White-Finish-contemporary-dressers];
  • PRO
    Christina's Interior Finishes, LLC
    9年前
    Great furniture ideas from Maureen! I would enhance the beautiful wainscoting with some simple chocolate brown oil glazing to add depth and warmth and a little color to the walls for a great backdrop for the furniture. That will also help balance and ground the room.
  • Emmy
    9年前
    I have two ideas I can't decide between. Both of them involve removing those sconces.

I'd either get a very large black and white photo of a barn (Here's one:
    "Not In Kansas Anymore" Limited Edition, Photograph · 詳細
    but I'd just take one myself and go to Staples and have it printed as an engineer print for cheap!), and hang it centered on the wall, with about 1/4 above the wainscoting and the rest below.

But...you said kids' art room. Which got me thinking...Why not add some clips and use that picture rail as an actual picture rail?
    Stylish Urban Living · 詳細

If you do add in furniture, I'd add in a pop of color. A distressed red buffet with wheat, perhaps?

Red Empire Dresser · 詳細

Silk Plants Direct Preserved Wheat and Grass Twig Bundle, Pack of 6 · 詳細
  • Emmy
    9年前
    Oooh, I take it back. Maureen is right! And I LOVE the idea of a primitive sign above the wainscoting.