Houzz Logo Print
anniespanie

Updated Kitchen for under $8700

In this renovation we upgraded everything except for the kitchen cabinets. The house was built in 2001 and hadn't been maintained, so it was the perfect blank canvas in my eyes! We did a lot of the work ourselves, but hired help for the things that we couldn't manage (like counters and floors). See below for the breakdown:

Under Cabinet Wireless Lighting: $250
Crown Molding above/below cabinets & below lower cabinets: $50
Cabinet Hardware: $82
Pegasus Sink & Delta Faucet: $600
Granite Countertops: $500
LG & Samsung Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, and Oven: $3400
Marble Subway Tile Backsplash & Supplies: $700
New Maple Sedona Hardwood Flooring: $850
Behr Paint & All Paint/Tile Supplies: $300
Crystal Chandeliers: $200
Labor for sink installation and plumbing $550, tile removal and hardwood installation $922, and crown molding installation $300: $1772

Kitchen Total: $8700

I hope that this serves as inspiration in that you can create something beautiful if you have the vision!

コメント (22)

• PRO
    Spotted Interior Design
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thank you so much! It was not only subway tile, but also beveled, so it was a nightmare to grout. But the end result is really nice!
  • Sarah
    9年前
    Just wondering what the measurement is from the end of your cabinets to your patio door?
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはSarahさんにお礼を言いました
  • leelee
    9年前
    Great job--this should be an inspiration to anyone thinking of a kitchen remodel. Especially the floors and getting rid of the awful white tile.

One thing I notice is that you need to switch the side your refrigerator opens on. Usually easy to do by changing the hinges on top. You might want to call the mfg. to see if it can be done.
    Spotted Interior Designさんはleeleeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Delta Faucet
    9年前
    We can't see anything except the Delta faucet! :) Kidding. Great looking reno!
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはDelta Faucetさんにお礼を言いました
  • Beth Hanson
    9年前
    Really beautiful! I have been given the go ahead to do a "facelift"on my 20 year old oak kitchen but having a hard time getting it started! Your pics are a motivator for me to get it together!
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはBeth Hansonさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    9年前
    Great work. The cabinets still work really well with the space, no wonder you didn't choose to update those. Beautiful result!
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはMr Cabinet Careさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Spotted Interior Design
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Hey there sierra251 - it is 90 inches from the edge of the cabinet to the sliding glass door. We have a table that has a hidden leaf which folds inside the table, so we can seat up to 6 in that space!
  • PRO
    Spotted Interior Design
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thank you everyone! I am so overwhelmed with the positive responses and I'm so happy to share my creative vision and how it came to life :) I might just post some more rooms soon :)
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    9年前
    wow, great job!
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはSound Painting Solutions, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • sunnydrew
    9年前
    Beautiful job!
    Spotted Interior Designさんはsunnydrewさんにお礼を言いました
  • grobby
    9年前
    Looks great. The wood floor makes such a difference. Thanks for posting pics.
    Spotted Interior Designさんはgrobbyさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    9年前
    Another really good reno for real people. Change the side the refrigerator door opens, you'll find it much easier to retrieve things.
    Spotted Interior DesignさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • leelee
    9年前
    Yes, great idea.
  • Beth Hanson
    9年前
    Does your art on the wall have gold metallic in the picture? Also, where did you get the chandeliers? Thanks
  • PRO
    Spotted Interior Design
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Hi Beth - the art on the walls is hand pressed gold foil stamping which I bought on etsy for $20. The chandeliers are from overstock.com and we're both around $100 each! :)
  • Beth Hanson
    9年前
    Thanks! Would you mind posting a closer pic of the art?
  • 2202michelleoc
    9年前
    Love what you did! The lighting is fabulous, love the way it lights up the ceiling. And can I just say that I appreciate it when people take before and after pictures from the same place? Great job!
    Spotted Interior Designさんは2202michelleocさんにお礼を言いました
  • jeannep561
    8年前

Whatever you do, do not buy a Samsung dishwasher. According to the technician that has been here twice, the brand new machine is working within specifications. Didn't know rinsed dishes coming out dirty were "within specifications." According to the President's office, there is nothing further they can do. Samsung does not stand behind their products. - J. Pflaum

• 2202michelleoc
    8年前

jeannep561 - I've heard that about Samsung as well. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction?

• PRO
    Limitless Walls
    8年前

Nice job!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    8年前

Nicely done. Love the backsplash!