Houzz Logo Print
nikki_loachamin

Turn living/dining room into Wine/bar Area

Looking to change open living/dinging area into something more used I my home. Thinking bar/wine area. Below are pictures of some ideas plus my space. Would love some suggestions. Thanks.

コメント (2)

• housegal200
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    Is this all the furniture you will be putting in the room?

LIVING AREA:
    --You might find your living room more inviting by having the sofas face each other with a round coffee table in between for the those drinks you get from your bar! Get a large square rug (if you don't have one hiding there) so that the front legs of the two sofas touch the edge. Don't swag your sheer curtains. If you have a view, keep them hanging to the side with the drapes. The look now, that gives more height to a room, is to hang the rod about a foot higher than the window frame.

--Place the two étagères to the sides of the window. Be very selective about what you display on them. A few statement pieces in accent colors that go with a rug or future art look better than a lot of knicknacks and such. Find some large art to go over the sofa you put on the right. Then place a large mirror over the sofa on the left to reflect the art and pull in light from the window. BTW, you could use one of the étagères as a bar!

Apartmenttherapy.com has a slew of articles for setting up a bar. Here's a link to one of them: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/bar-carts-and-liquor-cabinets-best-of-2012-182063

--I would suggest looking on Craigslist for a long but narrow console cabinet--no more than 14" deep--to place against the wall where your table is. (If you decide to face your sofas, that would open up space for a bar cart between dining and living areas, so you could go that route, too.) Below is another kind of piece that could be used as a bar/buffet. Put a couple buffet lamps on top and a mirror or a vintage drinks poster behind it. You can take off one or two doors, paint the inside of the console cabinet and line up all kinds of wine and drink glasses.

VINTAGE ALCOHOL POSTERS:
    http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Cognac-Jacquet-circa-1930-Posters_i1367375_.htm
  • PRO
    Millesime Wine Racks
    9年前

Glass wine room in the dining room -3- · 詳細

Glass wine cellar in the living room -2- · 詳細