Houzz Logo Print
rachelle_henry

Need help with compatible colors

Help!! I have a kitchen painted SW restrained gold and I love it... My dilemma is that my adjoining LR is painted SW Portabello and I want to lighten it up a bit... I just can't find a color that goes well with the restrained gold.... Any suggestions??

コメント (8)

• houseatthelake
    9年前
    Why not go with a similar one but in different tone. Did the paint swatch have different degrees of the gold colour?
    Rachelle Henryさんはhouseatthelakeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    All About Interiors LLC
    9年前
    Excellent suggestion! Take a lighter tone of the SW color on the same strip. It will flow nicely. Good luck.
    Rachelle HenryさんはAll About Interiors LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    9年前
    Hi Rachelle, you could contrast the SW6129 Restrained gold with a nice complementary color, take a look at SW6071 Popular Gray. This will create another dimension to your design color palette. Gray is a good choice as it's neutral and will allow you to bring in accent colors to your LR. Make sure to incorporate the same gold tone in your living room - perhaps with accent pillows.
    Rachelle HenryさんはVeronica Lawrence Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Rachelle Henry
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    I don't want a lighter version of my kitchen bc I really like Portabello, it's just too dark for the room. I will definitely try popular gray! Thanks!!
  • Rachelle Henry
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    What do you think about Universal Khaki, utterly beige, and perfect greige?
  • hayleydaniels
    9年前
    Take a few minutes and use Behr's room painter program to help you see how different colors look together. You access it from the Preview Color in a Room tab when you pull up a color. It allows you to apply color to a variety of rooms, and you can have use up to 6 at once I think. It's very helpful is getting an idea of how different colors might look together.
    Rachelle Henryさんはhayleydanielsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    9年前
    My client wanted a "Bread Prep" area in her kitchen so we moved the washer and dryer to a new location and created this built-in counter with upper cabinets, a shelf and lower cabinet shelves and draws. The counter top is granite and the cabinets are painted a soft white. We added LED light strips under the upper cabinets and also under the shelf to give great lighting for the prep area. We also made a small desk area for the client's tablet use.