Houzz Logo Print
shawnidee1

Go to it, guys!

Wanting to change the flooring, paint, & update the fireplace in this odd but can be beautiful room.
My ideas is some kind of tile/vinyl flooring for the entire room. I heard Allure is nice. The fireplace brick will be covered with stackstone.
I need help with what kind of floor & paint color.
Thanks!!!

コメント (6)

• Shawni Mahaffey
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thank you! I would go with hardwood but the kitchen which is off this room is Oak heaven. The cabinets & floor. A lot of the house is oak & I really don't want to add more to it.
    Are there colors that you would recommend with paint & flooring.
    The first half of the room is the dining room & the second by the fireplace is kind of useless but pretty :)
  • Dar Eckert
    9年前
    Looks like a great spot for a small sectional and coffee table. Would love to sit by the fire and read or share a glass of wine.
  • User
    9年前
    Leave the very charming brick alone. Invest in a consult from a lighting designer and an electrician to implement the resultant plan before you do anything. With the poor lighting in the room, all of the decor choices color perception is affected negatively. And that's why the lighting needs to be the first thing on the list, not the last.
  • apple_pie_order
    9年前
    The windows and fireplace make this a beautiful room. I suggest a couple things: first, turn on all the lights (if necessary, bring some in from another room) and take some more photos to upload, then second, prime the walls with a couple of coats of white primer. It is much easier to imagine new colors when the old colors are not dominating the room.

Include a photo of the fireplace, too, please. You can upload four photos with each comment.
  • Shawni Mahaffey
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thank you everyone!