Houzz Logo Print
edubya

What color will you NEVER find in your house?

Emily H
9年前
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people love. You'll see them sprinkled or even poured all over their homes. BUT...what color would someone NEVER find in your home?

Tell us! (photos encouraged)

Private Residence H · 詳細

コメント (404)

• PRO
    KHB Interiors
    8年前
    Peach
  • Ruth
    8年前

Is it possible to be a retired aesthetician shelleyjr?

• shelleyjr
    8年前

Ruth, That's the category I put myself into because I injured my back and can no longer do that kind of work.

• Lori East
    8年前
    Such a broad question! I love my Extra Virgin Olive Oil accent wall. It's all very subjective. One thing that I will never do: Silly statement pieces, such as "SPARKLE!" Ugh
  • KD
    8年前
    I'm on the no orange bandwagon. As a primary/focal color, anyway. I can get behind some autumn colored pillows on a rich brown sofa, for example, but a whole room orange? No thanks.

(I'm still traumatized by the orange wallpaper in the 70s era kitchen my parents had. :) )
  • designklutz
    8年前

The color purple...any shade. which is rather funny since i look good wearing any shade of purple...Yet it is a color that will not be found in my home decor

• PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Pastels, coral pink, peach, mid brown, mustard, khaki, beige, teal, mauve that looks brown at night. I am sure that someone can come up with a gorgeous scheme using a combination of at least some of them!

• bluedogdecorating
    8年前

I'd say red, but it seems to keep finding it's way in. Don't really like orange either.

• User
    8年前

The color I dislike the most is BLUE (almost all shades); I do have two (small) unique tchotchkes that are in the blue arena, but only because they are very unique. On further thought, I think MAUVE is a hideous color. Our house was MAUVE when we bought it and it made me want to . . . well you know. You may also include PINK; actually most pastels.

GREEN & RED are the colors you will find most in my home. I don't use red on the walls, but there is some red and green (I do use green on the walls) in every room. As a matter of fact, when I pick a wall color I always start with green and work to the left or right of the color chart.

• pam
    8年前

Beige

• pollyjohnsey
    8年前

I HATE CHARTREUSE, AND NEXT: MUSTARD YELLOW.

• PRO
  • charleee
    8年前

yellow

• gsaf
    8年前

neon, shiny colors...

• Cay De Voort
    8年前

Pink, blue, lavender, purple, yellow

• PRO
  • PRO
    kayla's korner
    8年前

brass/bronze commercial door pulls 41 inches long 10 inches around pole! what client wouldnt love these? selling on ebay at kayla s korner uniques 1,100.00

• PRO
    kayla's korner
    8年前

froma new york restaurant

• lynartist
    8年前
    I have always believed there are no bad colors just the bad use of color. While everyone has their favorite colors or an aversion to certain colors that doesn't make them better or worse necessarily! I'm not so fond of trend colors either! They come and go and aren't really that important if they don't make you feel good! This is so much fun to read as Over the years I have most definitely used all the colors mentioned above in someone's house because they loved it !
  • lynartist
    8年前
    I'm astonished at how many people( and designers no less!) are so prejudiced against Pink! Hmm, that is odd, who doesn't look good in pink?
  • lynartist
    8年前
    I'm astonished at how many people( and designers no less!) are so prejudiced against Pink! Hmm, that is odd, who doesn't look good in pink?
  • lynartist
    8年前
    Oops, sorry for double post!:(
  • lynartist
    8年前
    And the drama of Black!
  • pdk920
    8年前

"I'm astonished at how many people( and designers no less!) are so prejudiced against" just about any color one can possibly imagine! I can understand getting tired of a color, wanting a change, but disliking so many colors so intensely that they can't ever be used in one's house? That seems unnatural to me. But I'm an artist and I LOVE color.

• lynartist
    8年前
    Hee Hee Pdk! You took the words right out of my mouth!:)
  • Tems
    8年前

Almost every color can be done well in the right shade and setting. So the color choices I would make really depend on the situation, I'm not outright ruling anything out.

Except puke, the color of puke I have never seen done well.

• joannpb
    8年前

Although I've seen a (very) few (almost) exceptions in someone else's decor, I couldn't live with any shade of pink for very long. There is also a color (don't know what to call it) that resembles a baby's diarrhea. I have seen that color on a few cars... eeewwh!

• zzmom40
    8年前
    No Orange!
  • User
    8年前

Pink. We once painted the kitchen in a beige color with a pink undertone. It was horrid. Actually made me tense and once it was repainted to a true beige I gave a sigh of relief.

• Cay De Voort
    8年前

ANY cool color-pink, purple, blue, etc.

• jmr412
    8年前
    Griege.
  • greenvalleydesign
    8年前

Mauve. Never.

• brouije
    8年前

Dusty rose, mauve.

• Mary Nigro
    8年前
    I say never say never! I have lived through the mauve and blue through the jewel tones and beyond! Who knows what the future will bring! I always hated yellow till my then toddler son wanted it for his bedroom. I remember when it was done I thought this us the happiest room in the house! Have loved yellow ever since!
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Natuzzi Italia Philadelphia
    7年前

Puce... It just seems so old fashioned and bland, a reminder of a time when people displayed doilies over high backed chairs and porcelain doll collections.

• joannpb
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Puce is still around, it's just renamed every few years. I generally refer to it as dirty purple.

• Peter Finfrock
    5年前
    Grey and dusty rose
  • kasue
    5年前

No purple, orange, mustard yellow or anything in brown except for fine wood furniture. I'm not a big fan of gray, either.

• anna_682
    3年前

gray

• Tara
    3年前

Gray, orange, bright yellow. I used to say any yellow, but a friend put a shade called candlelight in her house, and it's gorgeous. When I had a house in Florida in the mid 80s, we had our walls painted a light gray, so light you would think it was white until you put white against it. I guess we were ahead of the times. Now, I wouldn't do it because EVERYONE does it.

• Diana Bradley
    3年前

Christmas green

• territheresa
    3年前

Grey. We have enough grey days here outside, I don't need to invite it in.

• erinsean
    3年前

Baby blue or pastel blue..makes me sad.

• Nancy R Chicagoland 5
    3年前

Blue...or pink.

• PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    3年前

Never now..... rose gold

• ivy15
    3年前

Yellow

• Sue54321 ABC
    3年前

I confess to being a clutter bug. So much so that the kids enjoy indoor Easter egg hunting because there is so much colorful clutter to hide the eggs in plain sight that it’s a challenge! :) ha ha ha

• Jj J
    3年前

In 1988 I was all in on French country: medium blue sofa, white washed wood finishes and big Jacobean print on Bergere chairs and yes, I painted the living room mauve. Mauve. On purpose. I apologize. I will never do mauve again. In my defense, I never had wooden ducks with calico ribbons or a lovely print of a basket of twigs, when a real basket of twigs would do. Lol!
    I’ll never do mauve again... there are too many gorgeous colors to get to instead.

• RedRyder
    3年前

JiJ - I did the exact same thing around that time. Luckily, mauve has not reappeared in design. I wouldn’t use it even if it did!