Houzz Logo Print
kkreun

What color flooring for my kitchen. We want to update kitchen floor an

Flooring needs to be replaced. Want to put in laminate

コメント (17)

• dianepettis
    9年前
    Are these wood? You could refinish them and do a much darker. Olof to contrast with your cabinets. Good luck, I am having the same dilemma ...so many choices!
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    9年前
    Why laminate? I am not getting the sense of a lot of natural light in this kitchen but then again there is only one photo provided. My sense is choose a color that is lighter than the current cabinets but slightly darker than the current floor.
  • sarainitaly
    9年前
    I always go to Houzz and pinterest and search, for example, "light oak kitchen cabinets" or "laminate kitchen" and then bookmark all the pics that appeal to me. After I have searched a lot, I go back and look for common styles that appealed to me. That helps narrow down what I like, and what to look for. Some people love dark, some love light, some love color. I think it is a matter of personal taste when working with neutrals such as yours...

This was the first pic that came up when I googled laminate:
  • sarainitaly
    9年前
    Personally, I would do what Jackie suggested, but I love white kitchens. :O)
  • PRO
    Cabinet Connection of NC
    9年前
    Depending upon your budget, I would suggest you update a few of your appliances to have a stainless steal finish. I also think that it is not a bad idea to keep the cabinets you have and to just have a kitchen clean-up where you ask a nearby professional cabinetry company to create a glossy finish in the current cabinets you have. By keeping the cabinets you have, you will retain that bright color you have in the kitchen, To contrast with the cabinets, I suggest darker laminate wooden floor because they age well and are easier to clean.
  • Karen Kreun
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks for all the advice. Can't replace appliances due to budget but want to clean up cabinets with new gloss. Want to go with laminate floor due to budget. Trying to decide if I should stay with same color or go with darker floors
  • PRO
    Cabinet Connection of NC
    9年前
    I would go ahead with darker laminate floors. It creates a contrast. Please let us know what you decide and post a picture. Good luck
  • lagwagonshow
    9年前
    What jumps out at me is the solid colors everywhere. I would look for something kind of busy on the floor, with a pattern or random variations of color.

I have to agree with other posters, stay away from laminate. The cost difference can be overcome with a month or two of saving up, and you'll open up your choices and ultimately the quality. You're going to use this floor many times a day, for years to come.

Those floors look like hardwood, maple perhaps? If that's the case, I double my advice - Please don't tear them out to replace with laminate! Refinish instead. If budget is the sticking point, DIY the refinish job.
  • PRO
    Dan's Custom Hardwood Floors
    9年前
    If that kitchen floor is solid wood flooring, then consider refinishing the floors and adding a stain to contrast with your overall cabinet colors. I don't think new laminate installed would give you the most value in the long run.
  • PRO
    Cadence Custom Cabinetry, Inc.
    9年前
    I have the same question as Dan, are those solid wood floors? I agree with having those refinished. Also consider adding hardware to the cabinets, it will add a fresh look.
  • johncuck
    9年前
    I would leave your floors the same. Very nice. Paint bottom cabinets and island black, upper cabinets in white
  • PRO
    Cabinets 4U, Inc.
    9年前
    Putting together a color palette can be daunting! Here is an article that might help http://bit.ly/1u1TOb5
  • Deanna Smith-Perez
    9年前
    I need a kitchen color idea. Cabinets are actually lighter than puncture appears. My floors are an off white colored stone
  • Deanna Smith-Perez
    9年前
    What do you call that color cabinets
  • PRO
    Dan's Custom Hardwood Floors
    9年前
    It looks like Maple, but the color is proprietary information and only the manufacturer will know.